Hydrogen Production and Storage Team
We develop technologies for producing, storing, and using hydrogen to bring a significant reduction to CO₂ emissions.
- Investigation into technology for producing hydrogen through the direct decomposition of methane, without generating CO₂ as a byproduct
- Development of water electrolysis technology using anion-exchange membranes
- Development of highly efficient production and usage technologies for energy carriers (ammonia) and synthetic fuel (methane, e-fuel)
- Creation of a highly efficient, low-cost energy storage system using hydrogen storage alloys
- Development of heat-resistant materials for hydrogen power generation
- Development of technology for using high-pressure hydrogen gas and liquid hydrogen
Research Team Leader / Greetings
We engage in many different themes of research, and the majority of our projects are carried out in collaboration with a wide range of companies and other organizations. I consider myself to be like a chef in the area of research and development. In light of social needs, I utilize, combine, and add seasoning to our results and knowledge, and then serve them to society. I believe that our mission is to work toward resolving social issues through collaboration and fusion while giving birth to entirely new ideas.
Looking ahead to the carbon neutrality, we expect hydrogen to make a significant contribution in various ways, including decarbonizing heat with electrification difficulties, zero emissions from power sources, decarbonizing the transportation and industry sectors, producing ammonia and synthetic fuel, and efficient use of renewable energies.
The hydrogen production and storage team is involved in the research and development of innovative hydrogen production and utilization technologies for hydrogen and energy carriers. Catalysts, materials, reaction systems, and assessment technologies will form the basis of energy storage and synthetic fuel production technology while we also carry out research and development on them.