Resource Circulation Technology Research Team
We seek to develop high-efficiency and environmentally friendly recovery technologies for critical metals that are indispensable for producing lithium-ion secondary batteries (LIBs), rare-earth magnets, catalysts, and other products.
- Establishment of a simple rare-earth magnet recycling process
- Development of technologies for recovering rare-earth elements (REEs) from nontraditional resources and highly efficient technologies to recover platinum group metals
- Establishment of a new critical metal recovery process from waste LIBs
Research Team Leader / Greetings
I have studied the separation of critical metals for many years, and I understand that this field is growing even more important owing to recent changes in international affairs and trends in decarbonization. We will contribute to the elimination of metal resource constraints in a zero emission society by establishing processes that can be put to practical use.
We seek to develop high-efficiency and environmentally friendly recovery technologies for critical metals (e.g., Li, Co, Ni, rare earth elements, and platinum group metals (PGM)) that are indispensable for producing lithium-ion secondary batteries (LIBs), rare-earth magnets, PGM catalysts, and other products.
Suzuki, T.; Otsubo, U.; Ogata, T.; Shiwaku, H.; Kobayashi, T.; Yaita, T.; Matsuoka, M.; Murayama, N.; Narita, H., Selective adsorption of Pd(II) over Ag(I) in nitric acid solutions using nitrogen-donor-type adsorbents, Sep. Purif. Technol. 2023, 308, 122943, 10.1016/j.seppur.2022.122943
Kasuya, R.; Bujnakova, L. Z.; Balaz, M.; Kuzuhara, S.; Kanuchova, M.; Balaz, P., Novel Mechanically Assisted Dissolution of Platinum Using Cerium(IV) Oxide, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2022, 10, 15357-15364, 10.1021/acssuschemeng.2c01470
- Organic-inorganic Hybrid PV Team
- Multijunction PV Team
- Thermoelectrics and Thermal Management Team
- Fundamentals of Ionic Devices Research Team
- Artificial Photosynthesis Research Team
- Hydrogen Production and Storage Team
- Carbon-based Energy Carrier Research Team
- Smart CO2 Utilization Research Team
- Resource Circulation Technology Research Team
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Team